St. Turibius Church and School are missions belonging to St. Joseph’s Parish. The Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception opened the school on September 11, 1949. In 1960, the Franciscan Missionary Sisters withdrew from St. Turibius School and the school welcomed the Franciscan Sisters of Penance and Christian Charity. The school was originally built to hold eight classrooms; one for each grade level beginning with first and ending with eighth grade and in 1963 the seventh and eighth grades were discontinued. The students were transferred to Queen of Angels and Holy Cross Middle Schools until 1998 when the seventh grade and eighth grade were reestablished at St. Turibius. In 1993, a full day kindergarten program was added to better meet the needs of the working community. Along with this addition, a computer lab was opened making it available for the primary grades to receive the Writing to Read Program. The school underwent major upgrades to its technology program and new computers and Ipads were added to the computer lab in 2013. The Franciscan Sisters administrated the school for thirty–three years until 2005 when the school welcomed its first lay principal.
The school has always offered competitive academic and sports programs. Students test scores continue to improve and our boys soccer teams were CYO champions in 2012 and 2013. The school works with families to matriculate their children to our great neighboring Catholic high schools, which in turn prepare them well for some of the best Universities in the country like UCLA and UC Berkeley. Most importantly, our students grow in their faith and we help guide them as they build their own relationship with God.